ByronBlog

Byron Matthews, a sociologist retired from the University of Maryland Baltimore County and a partner in an educational software company, lives near Santa Fe, NM.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Mexico, United States

Thursday, February 14, 2013

In a nutshell




It's an interesting experiment, having our first economically illiterate president.

It's the Land of Utopian Dreams, a region you eventually reach as you move further and further leftward on the political scale.  One result you can count on is a wrecked economy, and if you continue far enough in that direction you get vicious government repression and huge piles of corpses.

George McGovern would have been our first presidential economic illiterate, at least in my lifetime, but fortunately he was defeated in a massive landslide.  Maybe Americans were smarter then, or maybe just less bought-and-paid-for by the Entitlement State.

(I voted for McGovern, btw, back in my Left days.  As I sobered up I transitioned to Libertarian, never did at any point find much to like about Conservatism.  Still don't, other than as a last-ditch lesser of evils.)

Byron

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home