ByronBlog

Byron Matthews, a sociologist retired from the University of Maryland Baltimore County and a partner in an educational software company, lives near Santa Fe, NM.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Mexico, United States

Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Plan B



College To Offer Plan B Pills From Vending Machine...


I've always advocated doing this as soon as safety concerns were satisfied, which apparently they are. Many will strongly disagree for good and sufficient reasons of their own, and I really do respect that. Your conclusions vary according to the premises you start with. Mine are that mistakes, accidents, and moments of irresponsibility have always occurred, and they always will. What happened next was always a matter of luck, and I don't think enormous, life-altering differences in consequences should be compelled to depend on that.

Would I go further and put them in restrooms like the machines that sell condoms? Yes. In the same machines that sell Snicker bars out in the lobby? No, that's in-your-face; I don't see any profit in needlessly affronting people who disagree with you on an issue like this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home